5 Ways to Support Female Entrepreneurs During Women’s History Month
In the spirit of women’s history month, let’s work together to give female entrepreneurs (fempreneurs) an added boost this March (and beyond). Here are 5 ways that you can do so:
- Buy From Them! Did you know that 42 percent of all small business or franchise owners are women? In fact, there are 13 million female owned businesses in the US contributing to $1.9 trillion in revenue! When looking for products or services, search for those that come from companies owned by women and purchase their products this month.
- Spread the Word. Help get the message about women-owned companies out there by posting online reviews, giving referrals and telling others about their products and services (both online and off). Word of mouth is everything for small business owners!
- Offer to Help. Women business owners often have more on their plates than their male counterparts due to the fact that they are constantly juggling work and home. Why not ask the female entrepreneurs in your life if there is anything that you can do to support them or if you can take something off of their jam-packed to-do lists?
- Collaborate with Them. What better way to lift someone up than by collaborating on a project together? Why not run a virtual event, cobrand products or network with a female founder? These practices will help both of your businesses in the process.
- Cheer Them On. Being an entrepreneur can be lonely and isolating so tell the women entrepreneurs in your life that you see them, support them, and think they are doing a great job. They will be so happy to hear it and it will also give them the boost they need to continue moving their startups forward!
Keep women-owned businesses in your thoughts this month. There are many ways that you can support the female founders that you know- so get creative. I have been helping women entrepreneurs through my mentoring sessions and with my new book on entrepreneurial mindset for women. You can find ways to support them too!