10 Things That I’m Truly Thankful For This Thanksgiving
With so many stressors in our world, it can be really easy to focus on the negative. There’s something bad happening every day, but who wants to focus on the negative? It does nothing for us and brings us down. This holiday, and every day, I want to lift myself up and focus on the good things in my life. And lift others up too.
With that spirit in mind, here are 10 things that I am extremely thankful for:
- My daughters. Although having two teenage girls is not always a picnic, I am so thankful for them. They are my heart, best friends and biggest critics all rolled into one. I cannot imagine a world without them. While they work on their assignments, and college essays, and I work to support them in all of their activities, I secretly dread the time when they will move away. My world is much better with them in it. I am and will always be extremely grateful for them.
- My boyfriend. He makes me laugh and helps me to lighten up and have more fun. It’s been more than a year with him, and it’s hard to imagine the year without him. He’s my best friend.
- My amazing work and professional journey. I love what I do and can’t wait to get started each and every day. I’ve moved past my second full year as an entrepeneur, and although it’s had its ups and downs, I know that it was the right choice for me.
- My health and fitness. I’m so fortunate that I have my health and am committed to stayig active. I try to take a pilates class every day (unless I’m out of town) and row every day too. I know that exercise keeps me happy and healthy which I need to juggle it all.
- My family. My Mom, Dad, brother and sister all live in another state, but I know that they are just a phone call away. That family of origin is always such a powerful support system.
- My ability to laugh. No matter what happens, I am able to laugh at it and myself. I think that is one of the things that I like most about myself. Laughing makes everything okay and I’m glad that I’m able to do that.
- My growth over the last few years. When I think about how much I’ve grown over the past several years, I’m proud of myself. I continually strive to improve and become a better person, and that’s what matters.